Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Fun....NOT!!!

"Summer Lovin, had me a blast..." Not!! We did kick off summer with Sam's first birthday and that was fun! I will try and post pictures tomorrow. Since his birthday this house has been taken over by some AWFUL virus!! It started on June 5th during our one day get-a-way to Arkansas to visit our friends! Emma came down with a fever. We headed home that evening and had know idea what we were in store for!!

Emma began throwing up and had high fever. Then the diarreha set in. She got a little better just in time to head to San Antonio for a weekend at Mimi's to celebrate Gigi's birthday and for Travis and I to go to my good friend Sarah's wedding! It was a nice weekend until I met up with my mom again on Sunday to pick up the kids and Emma was looking puny again. We started our journey home and stayed in Dallas at my friend Ashley's house. I could tell Emma wasn't herself but tried to not make a big deal about it. We had a great time visiting with Ashley, Rob and Kendall! When we got back to Bartlesville Emma was extremely hot with fever. 104 to be exact!! WHY??? Back to the doctor the next day for urine sample, chest x-ray and blood work. Oh and we had to get a stool sample too. We started her on an antibiotic and she seemed to bounce back by that Wednesday. Just when I thought it was over....I get a call from Ms. Liz (she watches Emma and Sam during the week) saying Sam has thrown up twice! Oh please no!! Yep, Sam's turn! I stayed home with Sam for the rest of the week and Emma was doing better and better. Sam on the other hand had a high fever and horrible diarreha!! It was sooooo sad to see him so sick. Sam never sits still, so we knew he was miserable! On Friday I had enough and called our doctor and requested an antibiotic for Sam too. Sam's fever went down but we had a long weekend of horrible diarreha and the worst case of diaper rash I have ever seen. On Saturday Emma got all dolled up and headed to her good friend Joey's birthday party at the bowling alley. (she had now been well for 3 days). Father's Day was spent at Travis's parents because I needed to have Sam near a tub because I would rinse him every time he needed a diaper changing. Early that evening, Travis comes to me and says, "Emma has a fever!" "WHAT??" We get her home and she had 102 temp again!! Another day home with mom for both of them yesterday (monday) and they were both doing well. Meanwhile, Travis is not feeling well, but we still managed to take advantage of Grammy's offer to babysit and get away for the evening! However we took Emma with us and went to her first movie, Toy Story 3! Great, but kind of scary for a 3 year old. By the time we got home, Travis was in bed and so was Emma. During the night I was getting medicine for Travis and then holding a bucket for Emma as she starts throwing up again.

This morning (17 days from when this all started) I lost it!! I am tired, achy and confused as to what is going on with Emma! I take Sam to Ms. Liz and then we head back to the doctors with Emma! Another urine sample, chest x-ray and more blood!! I am sure you are asking, just like we are..."What is it?" Not sure!! Tests are coming back negative and normal except her Liver Enzymes are high which can just be an indicator their is a virus of some sort. Her doctor is testing for a coulple of different viruses (Mono and C.M.V) but we won't know until the end of the week.

All is quiet now in this germ filled house (and yes I have cleaned and changed sheets!!) Emma's fever has broke yet again and Sam hasn't had any bad diapers! Travis is hanging in there and I am starting to pack.....tomorrow!!!! Until then I am going to bed and praying for a night of sleep and a healthy family!! The beach is calling us and I am determined to change this summer around!!!

I decided to write this blog because so many of you have called or text asking how things are going. I also felt the need to "journal" these events. Thanks for everyones get well wishes and prayers!! It's nice to know you have so many caring family and friends!! I promise a happy blog next time!!

Emma at her first movie!!!!

Healthy Sam (today)

Sick Sam!

Sick Emma (today)

Healthy Emma (bowling party)


Stay tuned!!!!!!




2 comments:

Florida Connection said...

Hope you are on the road to recovery. Enjoy your beach trip, looking forward to reading about it.

Becky said...

Good grief. Thats just too much. I hope they are well now and stay that way. Maybe this is all over and your summer will end up being a wonderful one.